Will Your Horse Win?
Not all horses are winners, but once your thoroughbred makes it to the racetrack, statistics show that it has a better than even money chance of winning prizemoney.
Below are some facts & figures relating to the 2008-2009 Australian racing season. (source Australian Racing Factbook - Australian Racing Board Ltd)
- Total prizemoney $421,095,890
- Incentive Scheme Payouts $24,118,081
- 31,659 horses competed in 19,438 races
- 367 race clubs conducted 2,681 meetings
- 4,602 metropolitan races & 14,836 country races
- 23,853 horses earned prizemoney
- 627 horses earned prizemoney greater than $100,000
- 47 horses earned prizemoney greater than $500,000
- 10 horses earned prizemoney greater than $1Million Dollars.